of Veterinary Medicine
FAKULTAS KEDOKTERAN HEWAN UNIVERSITAS SYIAH KUALA
The Professional Program of Veterinary Medicine (PPVM), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (FVM), Universitas Syiah Kuala (USK) is an advanced program of the Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine Program. FVM undergraduate students can earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree (DVM) after completing their education at the PPVM USK. The 2016-2020 PPVM USK curriculum consists of 38 credits for three semesters. The revision PPVM USK curriculum for 2021-2025 is adjusted to the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (Kerangka Kualifikasi Nasional Indonesia) and the Independent Learning Campus. In addition, this curriculum also refers to Outcome Based Education (OBE) and preparation for competency exams in the form of Computer-Based Testing (CBT) and Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). The curriculum of the PPVM 2021-2025 Study Program consists of 40 credits for three semesters.
The new student admissions for the PPVM USK are held twice a year. Every new student is required to take the first semester courses and continue to the second and third semesters. The distribution of courses in the 2021-2025 curriculum is as follows; The first semester is a basic diagnostic laboratory activity consisting of Veterinary Public Health (3 credits), Parasitology Diagnostics (3 credits), Microbiological Diagnostics (3 credits), Pathological Diagnostics (3 credits) and Veterinary Reproduction (4 credits) with a total of 16 credits. The second semester is an advanced laboratory activity and practical work consisting of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology (4 credits), Veterinary Internal Medicine (4 credits), Poultry Veterinary (2 credits), Ruminant/Non-Ruminant Medicine (2 credits), and Veterinary Laboratory (2 credits) with a total of 14 credits. The third semester is the Independent Veterinary Internship (2 credits), Veterinary Quarantine and Abattoir (2 credits), Veterinary Teaching Hospital (4 credits), and PPVM Final Exam (2 credits), with a total of 10 credits
Menjadi Program Studi “Penyelenggara Pendidikan Profesi Dokter Hewan yang mandiri dan unggul dalam menghasilkan dokter hewan profesional berwawasan technopreuneuship di bidang medik veteriner dengan daya saing internasional pada tahun 2030.”
- Menyelenggarakan Pendidikan Profesi Dokter Hewan Yang Unggul Dengan Dukungan Sarana-Prasarana Bermutu Dan Lengkap Untuk Menghasilkan Sumber Daya Manusia Berkeahlian Medik Veteriner Serta Berdaya Saing Nasional Dan Internasional;
- Menyelenggarakan Pembelajaran Profesional Medik Veteriner Yang Senantiasa Mengembangkan Diri Sesuai Dengan IPTEK Secara Tepat Guna Melalui Life Skill Dan Keilmuan Berbasis Kemutakhiran;
- Melaksanakan Penelitian Untuk Mendukung Peningkatan Keahlian Dan Mengembangkan Teknologi Medik Veteriner Untuk Menyelesaikan Berbagai Tantangan Dibidang Kesehatan Hewan Dan Reproduksi, Penyakit Zoonosis, Penyakit Satwa Liar Dan Medik Konservasi, Produk Asal Hewan Dan Obat Hewan;
- Melaksanakan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat Untuk Aplikasi Ilmu Dan Keahlian Medik Veteriner Dan Berkontribusi Dalam Mendukung Pembangunan Lokal Dan Nasional;
- Membangun Dan Mengembangkan Kerja Sama Dengan Berbagai Institusi Dalam Dan Luar Negeri Untuk Meningkatkan Kompetensi Lulusan Agar Dapat Bersaing Ditingkat Nasional Maupun Internasional.
Program Learning Outcome
A veterinarian is expected to be able to provide veterinary services and to interact professionally with individuals and communities. The veterinarian must demonstrate the sustainable high quality of animal services, built good collaboration with all parties involved in community, including other veterinarian colleagues. A veterinarian is expected to have the ability of the professional veterinarian in a variety of animal health services both public and private.
A veterinarian is expected to be able to become lecturer in various fields veterinary (e.g. in a team), to have a leadership qualities including the ability to empathize, to communicate, to make decisions, to manage effectively, and to be a lecturer in times of limited for the animal as well as public welfare.
A veterinarian is expected to have the competencies and commitment to do research and to take strategic decisions with full responsibility, in all aspects relevant to veterinary medicine problems.
Consultant Animal Health and Livestock.
A veterinarian is expected to be able to manage all veterinary medicine resources (human, physical, and financial resources) and information; to work with the team as a supervisor and as a manager/leader in the veterinary services team. A veterinarian is obliged to have a high responsibility in disseminating information about veterinary medicine services and related products.
Policy Makers in the Field of Veterinary Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
A veterinarian is expected to have willingness, spirit, concepts, principles and commitments as a veterinarian, to constantly learn and up-grade his/her knowledge through his/her professional career
PPVM Student Admissions
Academic Year 2023/2024
PPVM Students Admission Requirement:
- Submit a photocopy or certified copy of your Certificate of Graduation (SKL) or Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Submit a photocopy of the membership card/participation in health insurance (BPJS or the like).
- Submit a certificate of physical and mental health from the Government Hospital.
- Submit a certificate of endemic disease vaccine certificate.
- Complete the Student Registration Form and Statement Letter for the PPVM Program (Click here for the registration link)
- Submit a copy/photocopy of a valid payment receipt for the PPVM Program Operational Costs stated.
- Submit two (2) recent color images sized 2×3 centimeters and 4×6 centimeters.
- PPVM students who have registered and fulfilled administrative conditions will receive student numbers as PPVM FVM USK students.